14 must have Jenkins plugins to increase productivity
Jenkins is vastly used continuous integration tool in current IT industry which is build and used around plugins. It has a core Jenkins tool and there are 100s of plug and play plugins available to enhance its power and usability.
Here let’s take a look few best jenkins plugins to increase the productivity.
- Global Build Stats Plugin – It’s essential to know your current capacity, usage and capability before you go for capacity planning or system requirement because very first question is “what is your current capacity?” You need to know how many builds are happening on daily, weekly basis. How much time is taken by various builds what are the waiting period. This Plugin give you enough data to answer the question. This plugin can provide you data as graph which can be further consumed.
- Job Generator
- disable-failed-job - In rapid development environment failing job due to various unnecessary reason is a pain, It’s difficult to keep track of such jobs and disabled/delete it. This plugin can solve the problem by defining the upper number of consecutive failed builds and then disable it automatically.
- embeddable-build-status – This plugin can give you a link which can be pasted anywhere (example github project) to expose the status of the build and user can get the current state of the job while looking at project.
- Exclusion – This plugin enables you to handle conflicts between jobs. You can assign a resource (or lock) in multiple job, when build gets executed, it will acquire the lock and other build (if fired) will wait until lock is releases.
- GitHub Pull Request BuilderSame sort of plugin is also available for gitlab which works on similar way.
- Hudson Extended Read Permission Plugin
- Post+build+task - There may be need of performing some action on the basis of the result of build, for example if build is passed you may want to upload artifact(ex debian) to some repo(apt) or perform some packaging part or anything. In case of failure you may want to roll back something (like release) . This plugin helps you to define the pass/fail criteria and let you decide what to do after that.
- JDK Parameter Plugin
- Job Configuration History Plugin
- Multiple SCMs plugin
- Parameterized Trigger plugin
- Pre SCM BuildStep Plugin
- SCM Sync Configuration Plugin