Other then taking backup at regular interval, we may want to provide keep live data just to make sure data is highly available.
The best option is to backup Live data as soon as it gets changed.
Here is the trick for the SVN Mirroring.
How to create Repository
- Only user with correct access as admin can create new repository
- Identify the repository name and cluster. You must follow the approval process before creating any new repository.
- Create repository svnadmin create /svnroot/<Repo_name>
- change the owner of repository to apache(if needed) chown -R apache:apache /svnroot/<Repo_name>
- Now you need to create Mirror repository on another SVN server, following are the steps to create "Mirror repository".
How to create Mirror Repository
- Take the hotcopy of the repository from 1st SVN server.
svnadmin hotcopy /svnroot/<Repo_name> /tmp/<Repo_name>
- Remove the hook script if any
- create a tar file of the repo and scp it to 2nd SVN server.
- Log in to 2nd server and untar the file.
- now again do hotcopy to svnroot location on 2nd server
svnadmin hotcopy <Repo_name> /svnroot/<Repo_name>